Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Lady Most Willing...

During their annual Christmas pilgrimage to Scotland to visit their aged uncle in his decrepit castle, the Comte de Rocheforte and his cousin, Earl of Oakley, are presented with unique gifts: their uncle has raided an English lord's Christmas party and kidnapped four lovely would-be brides for his heirs to choose from ...as well as one very angry duke, Lord Bretton. As snow isolates the castle, and as hours grow into days, the most honourable intentions give away to temptations as surprising as they are irresistible.
Funny thing, I placed a hold on this book, and somehow I forgot about doing so.  I then bought the ebook, and forgot about that as well.  I only found out about my blunder this morning when checking for my Kindle shelves.  Oh my goodness...I cannot believe I did that.

I enjoyed the book, it was a quick read and it had alot of the elements that I expect from Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie Brockway. It had the humor, the quirky banter between characters, and little twists and turns to the story that moving well.  I'm curious about which sections the authors wrote.  I think I can tell the difference, considering how often I read these authors, but I would love a definite answer.  I believe my favorite love story was the first one, Catriona and Bretton's story. They're both strong willed people and they're attracted to each other, they just need to face their feelings.

The Lady Most Willing...by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie Brockway (3/5) Historical Romance; Published: Avon (12/2012); Format: Ebook for Kindle; Books 2013 (10) 

No comments: