Friday, October 22, 2010

In the Arms of Mr Darcy

Darcy and Elizabeth are as much in love as ever—even more so as their relationship matures. Their passion inspires everyone around them, and as winter turns to spring, romance finds nearly everyone.

Confirmed bachelor Richard Fitzwilliam sets his sights on a seemingly unattainable, beautiful widow, Georgiana Darcy learns to flirt outrageously, the flighty Kitty Bennet develops her first crush, and Caroline Bingley meets her match.

But the path of true love never does run smooth, and Elizabeth and Darcy are kept busy navigating their friends and loved ones through the inevitable separations, misunderstandings, misgivings and lovers’ quarrels…

I have read the previous novels of the Darcy Saga by this author and I can say that I've enjoyed them all. I honestly knew that I would be spending a few hours enjoying a nice and slightly spicy story involving Lizzie and Darcy.

I wasn't expecting much and I didn't take much out of the story. There were a few weddings, two presentations at court, hearts being broken and the finding of new loves. A few scandalous occurrences, an explosion and a death at an inn. Just the usual... for the P&P fan fiction. It was nothing extraordinary but it wasn't bad either, just an average and entertaining read. I was bit disappointed at few decisions that the author had (character pairings and such - which I don't want to get into, I don't want to spoil it for you) but everything turned out nicely enough.

After my reading drought, I think I chose a good book to re-introduce me to one of my favorite pastimes.

In the Arms of Mr Darcy by Sharon Lathan (3.5/5) Historical Fiction; P&P fan-fiction; Published: Sourcebooks Landmark (10/2010); Format: Ebook for Kindle App on the iPad; Series: # 4, The Darcy Saga; Books 2010 (79);

1 comment:

Nise' said...

I read the first in the series and have not read further (involved in too many series). Glad you enjoyed it.